We must practice water pollution solutions to help preserve and protect our water systems because they are becoming innocent victims of excessive dumping.
Many industries are responsible for water pollution, for they dump their unwanted waste into our water systems. To name a few, the garbage they dump are sewage, waste water, industrial waste, oils, marine waste, medical waste and nuclear waste. As a result, harmful substances such as; asbestos, lead, mercury, nitrates, phosphates, sulfur, oils, petrochemicals, fertilizers, pesticides, dangerous drugs and litter contaminate our water systems.
In addition to industrial dumping, many individuals also contribute to the problem by disposing their household waste improperly; this includes harmful chemicals and medications deposited into drains.
Eventually, all living things suffer; we will be unable to rely on water from our water systems and/or we will contract serious diseases and illnesses from the water we use for drinking and bathing. It's imperative that we take the necessary steps to help clean and preserve our waters.
There are many simple solutions we can practice that are easily-adaptable and extremely effective in keeping our waters clean and healthy.
Water Pollution Solutions
Inside The Home:
- Conserve water whenever possible.
- Do not deposit any harmful chemicals or medications down the drain.
- Use environmentally-friendly household cleaning products and personal products
- Recycle and dispose household waste properly.
- Support organic farmers by purchasing organic food and other products, since these farms are against using pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers.
- Properly dispose toxic products such as; paint, oil and other hazardous materials.
- Install water filters to help clean the water in your home.
Outside The Home:
- Enforce and obey anti-litter bylaws.
- Report misuse and participate in anti-litter campaigns.
- Refrain from using fertilizers or pesticides on lawns or gardens.
- Preserve our forest, which are natural water purifiers, by reducing paper use and by supporting reforestation.
- Don't deposit any waste or litter in any water system.
- Use storm bins to save rain water for future watering of gardens and lawns.
- Maintain vehicles to prevent oil leaks.
- Keep all boats and water crafts well maintained.